This medication is typically used only once a day. However, your pharmacist may have suggested a different schedule that is more appropriate for you. Take it regularly and continuously to maintain its beneficial effects.
Important: Follow the instructions on the label. Do not use more of this product, or more often, than prescribed. It is not advisable to chew or crush this medication since it has an unpleasant taste.
This medication may be taken with or without food. Consuming alcohol may intensify the effect of this product. It is therefore advisable to avoid consuming alcohol or alcohol-containing products while taking this medication.
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause dryness of the mouth;
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause dizziness — use caution when getting up from a lying or sitting position;
- it may make your skin more sensitive to UV rays (e.g., sunlight, tanning lamps) – avoid exposure to UV rays as much as possible and protect yourself when out in the sun;
- it may cause weight gain, mostly with prolonged use;
- it may cause drowsiness that lasts until the next day — use caution until you know how you will react.
Each person may react differently to a treatment. If you think this medication may be causing side effects (including those described here, or others), talk to your health care professional. He or she can help you to determine whether or not the medication is the source of the problem.